Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day

The girls started school last Monday (the 16th). They were pretty excited and all had a great first day. Addy has a male teacher this year, Mr. Nelson. She wasn't so sure about it but once school started she realized how great he was going to be. Halle was happy with her teacher, Mrs. David. And Mia was very excited to get the same teacher Halle had in kindergarten, Mrs. Brack.
Here is the pre-bus stop shot in the entry way.
Here is where I got a little choked up about sending my little Mia to kindergarten.
All the kindergarten parents drive to the school the first day to get a picture of their kiddos getting off the bus. Though I know Mia is a short stack, I was a little surprised to see most of the kindergarteners even tower over her. She doesn't seem to mind, though.
I shed a few tears once I was out of Mia's sight. Thankfully, she did not. She loves kindergarten and is happy with how much they eat and have recess. They also have a quiet time where they watch a movie. Sounds like a pretty good gig. I wish I could spend a day or two there.

6 comments:

Josalyn said...

Oh my gosh, Mia looks so grown up! She's going to love school so much! Wow, I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Sunny said...

They get movie time? What a lucky kid!

Amber King said...

Mia looks like such a big kid. How fun that they get to watch movies.

The Dragonfly said...

And there she is in her little light up shoes! I'm loving that Addie is rocking the gladiator sandles! We still have two weeks until school starts. Tell me, what is it like to have quiet? :)

Maggie's Madness said...

I can't believe it has been that long since you left ohio that Mia is a Kindergartener. You were pregnant with her when I met you. Crazy how fast time goes! Kids look absolutely adorable!

Jeff&Rachel said...

we have a "short stack" too and i think I notice more than she does. Only 5 more days until school starts for us. We can make...