We are moving. Yes, it's true. I can hardly believe it myself. Thus, why the blog has been so neglected the past few weeks. Here are a few photos to show you how beautiful northwest Arkansas is.


(Image from vanhollowpottery.com)
If you're wondering how we got from point (a.) happy life in Kansas to point (b.) new adventure awaiting us in Arkansas, read on...
I created a little timeline documenting our process:
August 9 Tyson's HR department calls Ryan about a position they have open they think he might be interested in. He's not really that interested initially but takes the call anyway. Work at Hills had been deteriorating quickly and it was affecting our family.
August 13 Phone interview with Tyson which peaks Ryan's interest a lot more. Ten minutes after hanging up, they call him back and ask him to fly down the following week.
August 14 Anniversary date. Ryan had been up the night before until 2 working and then worked some more when we got home. He was super tired and stressed out with work.
August 16 Girls' first day of school (and Mia's first day of kindergarten) that Ryan had to miss because of a mandatory 8am meeting. He was not happy about this. For the record, the VP who insisted everyone be on time was 45 minutes late to the meeting.
August 20 Ryan and I went down to Arkansas for him to interview with Tyson. It went really well and he really wanted the job when he was done. I realized northwest Arkansas is beautiful and unlike most stereotypes we all imagine. I could picture us living there.
August 27th Tyson lets Ryan know the job is his.
August 31st Ryan gives his resignation to Hills and they all wish him the best and the VP gives him a counter offer and pretty much begs him to stay. He doesn't and leaves feeling great about his decision.
Sept 2-4 We take the kids down to Arkansas on a house hunting trip. They're convinced they could be happy there and we find a great house in an excellent neighborhood. We check out what would be our new ward and feel good about our upcoming move.
This opportunity just fell into our laps and the similarities with our move to Kansas 4 1/2 years ago are quite striking. We know this is meant to be and that we are being led where the Lord wants us to be. We are sad to leave behind all the great friends we have made that have become our family here in Kansas. Five years ago I NEVER would have guessed we would be living in Topeka, Kansas or that we would ever move to Rogers, Arkansas. It's a good thing I'm not a betting woman.
We've been working hard to make our house look inviting and warm while at the same time spacious and clutter-free. I'm not going to lie. It's going to be a challenge to be a single parent of five and keep an immaculate house while the hubby gets his feet wet at Tyson. Thankfully, the relocation package is great and they will pretty much take care of everything (I think we should have negotiated daily maid service-ha!) Hopefully, the kids and I will join him in about a month. Wish us luck!!
P. S. For those of you that can appreciate this, the kids and I checked out the closest Target while Ryan was in the office on Friday and it looks good. It's nice and new and close to the new neighborhood. Since we'll be in Wal-mart country (their headquarters are there) and most of the ladies are probably forbidden to enter the land of the bulls eye since their husbands work for Walmart, I'm hoping to score some good clearance deals. :) Ryan thinks this is ridiculous but I'm okay with that.
11 comments:
I love the PS statement about the clearance stuff. I am on the floor laughing! I wish you guys the best of luck! It sure looks beautiful there! We are going to miss you guys!
We're excited for you. You're further away but we still love you.
your take on the walmart orientation of the area is dead on. we have an aunt there whose daughter works for WM and they're LOYAL. you'll do great at target! and in that area- it's beautiful. best of luck!
Wow, exciting! I had been wondering where your blog had gone . . . Best of luck with the house sale, well really, I mean keeping your sanity while trying to sell it :) - and hope the rest of the move goes as smoothly whirl-windy as the decision making process!
I'm so excited for you guys!!! I'm so glad everything worked out well. And those pictures of Arkansas are beautiful.
I'm glad that we left first so we don't have to see you go. Congrats on the new job - and you know I appreciate your Target comment. These things do matter. :)
I hear Arkansas is like Kansas but even better since it has two extra letters (ha! (slap on knee)). How exciting to have new adventures in Arkansas! Good luck with everything and we'll keep watching your blog - even if you have to change the name to arkansas wilsons.
oh, and I will be grateful to live near a target or walmart wherever we live next?
I love Rogers. We lived there when Joshua was born. There are a bunch of really awesome people in the wards there. FYI - the brazillian restaurant is not like the one in provo. However, there are a lot of things to do there. If you want a few suggestions - send me an email.
One of my greatest friends just moved to Bentonville Ark. How close will you be to there? You would get a long great!! Good for you!
Oh Arkansas... I'm glad everything has fallen into place for you guys. It's good to hear examples of how the Lord takes care of his faithful children. I'm sure you guys will have a great time there!
Post a Comment