Friday, August 13, 2010

The First Dozen

(Sunday walk on the beach in NC)

This Sunday is a special day. Ryan and I will celebrate twelve happy years of marriage. Twelve. That's kind of crazy. The time has flown. We've almost known each other for fifteen. That's even crazier. It's been a whirlwind. Freshman year at BYU. Then Ryan served his mission in Mexico for 2 years. Marriage in St. George. Life in Provo. Have 2 babies. Graduation. Move to Ohio. More school. Finish school. Have another baby. Work for a bit. Move to Kansas. Have 2 more babies. Four years in Kansas and here we are. I can't help but wonder what our next chapter will include...

When I was younger I would imagine what I wanted my life to be like when I was "all grown up". I would daydream about it often- the kids, the hubby, our life. Thanks to my amazing husband, it's pretty much everything I imagined and more: a gang of darling kiddos, an incredible husband and lots of laughs. We're happy, we love each other, we have fun together, we drive each other batty sometimes, etc. It's crazy but it's great. We're living the dream.

Happy anniversary, Ryan! Thanks for this first dozen years. I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us the next dozen.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I think we have officially become adults. How did that happen? Congrats, you guys are the best.

bfav said...

I've loved having you as a sister (in-law) for a dozen years. Congrats.