If you're ever making a spinach smoothie (and I suggest you do- they're not as bad as they sound if you add lots of berries and a banana and it makes you feel good about eating spinach) don't, I repeat, don't use a metal spoon to squish the spinach down, even if you think it won't hit the blades. Because the likelihood is, it will hit the blades and liquid spinach will fly everywhere (including your ceiling) and your trusty blender will break and bid you farewell after eleven long years and a couple of bouts of melting in the dishwasher. Goodbye, blender. I will miss you but not too much. Secretly, I had been wanting to replace you with something that works a little better so I won't have to use a metal spoon to squish down the spinach.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
4 comments:
Tell ya what - i'll just skip the spinach smoothie so I don't have to deal with the mess. :)
hahaha! What a great story! I'm sorry about your blender, but more about the mess you had to clean up. I'm quite happy that you didn't have to eat a spinach smoothie though - that sounds awful.
I love green smoothies and have been wanting a blendtec for a while now, so maybe I will just have to use a metal spoon to squish down the spinach . . . :)
We bought our blendtec the very end of august and have used it nearly 200 times (it keeps track for you). It's soo worth not having to stick stuff in there. Carl's favorite thing is making "whole juice" instead of smoothies. He stickes everything in the blender and as long as you get some juicy fruit in there you don't have to add juice or milk. Its absolutely fabulous. We found it on sale at costco...for Megan and anyone else out there interested. I'll never go back to a regular blender...I have made better smoothies and pancakes, juice, bread and pizza dough, ground my spelt and rice flours, made homemade powdered sugar...and much more. Ok. I am in love. :) laya, trina
Post a Comment