Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's a love/hate relationship

Dear playdoh,

I think I love you.

You create the sound of almost silence with 5 kids in the house who are all awake, at dinnertime nonetheless (our hardest time of the day). That is a miracle. No fighting, yelling, crying, pushing, tv, etc. I'm sure it will only last a few minutes but they are still priceless minutes in my book. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

For some strange reason, Ryan really hates you. It could be your tiny pieces underneath his feet while he's trying to eat. Or it could be your tiny crumbs that creep into the slats on our table, which are almost impossible to remove, except by Addy with her fork while the missionaries are over for dinner. I don't blame him. Don't take it personal.

Sincerely,

Me

6 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm kinda with Ryan. I love the Playdoh in the moment when my kids are occupied but hate how it somehow migrates to every other part of the house. I feel like I almost need one of those high power fans to decontaminate the kids before they leave the kitchen table. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it I think I need one of those anyways.

The Dragonfly said...

I don't care what any parent says, I LOVE play doh. As long as the stuff dries, I can pretty much get it out of or off of anything and it makes my kids do something none of todays toys do: use their imaginiations!

Josh n' Joni said...

ha! I just love you.

bfav said...

I concur with Ry. I hate playdough for all the same reasons. My substitute: Model Magic. No mess ever.

Amber King said...

I love Playdoh! It is a miracle worker. And so far Evie doesn't make a mess. I'm sure that will change with Stew. But for now, I agree with you and love it too.

Sunny said...

I'm with Ryan...only on special, special occasions do I allow it. My boys are crazy with it. It some how makes it's way all over the entire upstairs. Arrrrrr.

You're a good mom Christy!