Monday, September 7, 2009

A Name and a Blessing

Yesterday Claire Elise was cradled in the arms of men we love as she was given a name and a special blessing by her daddy. Thankfully, her dad did not live up to his threat of a last-minute name change to Penelope.


She was blessed to be a peacemaker, to love the outdoors, to be kind and caring and to be of service to others.


It was a beautiful blessing and she was fortunate to wear a beautiful dress adorned with rosette flowers handmade by her Grandma Patsy with love.


And darling crocheted shoes to keep her delicate feet warm (and adorable).


When it was all said and done her dad said he loved giving blessings and was happy to do it his fifth and final time.

8 comments:

Amber King said...

Claire is so cute. I love the dress and those shoes. I wish we could have been there.

The Dragonfly said...

I could leave a mile-long comment and only talk about how blasted adorable claire is in all these pics - the smiles, the look of laughter, her sparkling eyes, and on and on.

the dress is to die for. patsy has done it again. but then you add in the shoes and it's just too much for a momma to handle! so beautiful.

and to end it all off, you have the angel baby, screaming her head off in the last photo. priceless. the end.

Megan said...

way too cute for words!

Dahlia said...

She's such a sweet baby! I figured it was the FINAL time since she was blessed "as the youngest family member" to be a peacemaker :)

Ondalynn said...

Claire is absolutely beautiful! And I loved her adorable dress & shoes!! Sorry about the mastitis. I've had it with each of my kids. It's definitely no fun! Take Christy! Love ya! Ondy

Laura said...

Oh so cute! I love that dress and those shoes!!

Amy said...

I just had to add my sympathy for getting mastitis. Worst thing ever. I thought I was going to die when I had it.

Your family is so gorgeous!

Sunny said...

So cute! Glad Ryan didn't name her Penelope. :) Wish we could have been there it sounded like a house full of fun.