Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How you know you've officially reached "BIG FAMILY" status

           1.     You have to buy everything in bulk at Sam’s Club or you’ll be out of it in two days (and sometimes you still are).

       2.  You have to bust out the Sear’s X-Cargo to go on a family vacation (Denver, here we come!)

3.     You go through a whole loaf of bread in one lunch

     4.     You look in the rearview mirror and are shocked by the amount of kids in the car and then realize they all belong to you.

5.     You go through rolls of toilet paper like nobody’s business

     6.     You have to say 3 or 4 names before you get to the right one when you’re calling one of the kiddos

        7.     People don’t hide their stares when they see you walking through the grocery store with all your kids and sometimes they even count out loud or ask “Are they all yours?”

         8.     You can no longer fit on a side bench at church (and you don’t even have your husband sitting with you) and you have to banish the worst behaving child to the empty bench in front of you (this week it was Halle).

     9.     To keep your sanity, sometimes you have to hide from the children.

10 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Yep - you're definitely there! What an awesome picture of your kids! The look on Hallie's face is so Wilson! You may have a big family, but they are a really, really great big family. (and you still look 23, so most of the staring is probably because you don't look old enough to have all those kids!)

Anonymous said...

That's funny! And that is an adorable picture! All of you're children are absolutely precious!!! You have the CUTEST family! :)

Alan and Lynette said...

That's hysterical! And congrats by the way...Alan said he'd gotten to meet the newest addition...good times all around! She's adorable!

Amy said...

So true! The whole loaf of bread for one meal still surprises me every time!

Luke and Claire have the same hairline in that cute picture!

Megan said...

Been there and done all of those, even though I only have 4! We are headed to Wyoming tomorrow (first time this year we are all going at the same time) and just realized today while loading that I have to leave my dogs because even though we are pulling the trailer, there isn't enough room for the bikes, kennels, and luggage. And since Jake doesn't want to look like the traveling circus with the X-cargo on top the car and pulling the trailer, I have to bribe a poor, unsuspecting neighbor into taking care of them for the week.
Oh, and I just got home from Costco, and the lady at the door who checks your receipt was counting loaves of bread in the cart because she thought there was no way I really just bought 10 loaves on purpose!

Laura said...

LOL you are so funny! Coming from a family of 5 kids, I am sure my mom thought the same things!

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

Too cute! Love the picture.

Crickit said...

That post is so funny. I come from a big family and I remember when there were only six of us, people would come to the door and count us as we walked by on an evening walk.

Kath said...

You know you have a big family when you are about to drop a large sum of money for free public education

Sunny said...

Loved the list. We've started many of them already. I especially liked the hiding from the kids. I just tell them we're playing hide and seek and then don't go find them for awhile.