Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's official: I'm not a home-schooler!

Addy and Halle have been home sick for two days with strep throat (I realized a little too late that Halle was probably well enough to go back to school today). I picked up their homework this afternoon and tried to supervise them doing it. I even thought it would be a great idea if we let Mia and Luke "do some homework", too, with pencils and paper. Yep, it was a nightmare. Total chaos. Halle acting cuckoo. Kids marking all over each other's papers. Luke standing on the table and attacking me with a brown marker. Kids whining for me to help them (I know they don't whine to their teachers like that). I don't really think I'm cut out for the whole home schooling thing. Thank you, thank you, public school teachers. You are my hero.

6 comments:

Josh n' Joni said...

ha! It's a fun job, isn't it? They aren't any better in middle school. They still march around and act cuckoo, and they whine at their teachers too. :)
Hey - I won't be at Super Saturday, even though I signed up. Our weekend is packed and I won't be able to get down there. It was wishful thinking though.

Laura said...

You are hilarious! I would have paid money to see all that go down today!

Karolyn said...

You have the cutest kiddos! I love the masterpiece chalk drawing!Love all the "10 year anniversery pictures!" Espeically the cowboy hat one!!! And I am so glad our campsight worked out for you guys! We are hoping to get up there once more before it gets too cold!

Amy Niebuhr said...

AMEN TO THAT!! I'm with you Christy. I could never be a home school parent either. Go to my sister-in-law Alices' blog and check out the Tim Hawkins video she posted about home schooling. It's very funny.
imsofunny.blogspot.com

Julie Moore said...

Ya--I wasn't made for homeschool either. Maybe it's just that my kids weren't made for it :-). I considered doing homeschool last year--but I'm glad I made the "other" choice. There are those parents and kids that do exceptionally well at home, but our family just didn't fit that mold. I totally understand!

Kim said...

How funny. I don't know how people who home school do it. Good job for trying though. Aren't you thankful for modern medicine.