Wow! I can't believe school has been out for a week and a half. On the last day of school one of the moms on our street thought it would be fun to do a bus-stop breakfast with donuts and juice before the kids went to school. The kids enjoyed it (even though a quick rain shower moved through).Even Luke and Mia were lucky enough to get in on the action and enjoy some donuts in the rain.
Last year another mom and I started a tradition of drawing a little chalk message on the street for the kids getting off the bus on the last day with all their names.
All the kids who got off the bus at our bus stop the last day.
One of the moms thought it would be fun to have a huge play day with activities and tons of food. The kids loved it. They bobbed for apples, had sack races and relays, jumped on the trampoline, went through about a million water balloons, ate hot dogs and chips and lots of other snacks, and just had a great time. It turned into a big neighborhood party with about 35 kids and lots of parents. The partying continued until about 10:30 that night when we all finally called it a night. It was a really fun way to kick off the summer and I'm sure it will become a yearly tradition. I'm so glad we live on such a fun street full of kids.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
3 comments:
What a fun street to live on! I wish we had summer break . . . we get two weeks off in June and two in August, but I want to just STOP having to get people ready every morning! Just roll out of bed and go to the pool!
You are by far the coolest mom EVER!!! That sounds like soooo much fun!
WOW! That sounds like so much fun. You are an awesome mom and it sounds like the perfect family friendly neighborhood. How fun!
Post a Comment