Saturday, April 2, 2011

Operation April Fools

This year, I went all out. I did some research the day before and found a lot of fun pranks. I had to do almost all of them.

I started the day by changing all the clocks ahead one hour and waking the kids up in a rush, telling them we were running late. I had purchased their favorite cereal the day before and frozen a bowl of cereal for each of them the night before. I poured a tiny bit of milk on top to make it look normal. They were all super annoyed when they tried to eat it. I had also booby-trapped a cupboard the night before so that when Addy opened it, 2 dozen ping pong balls tumbled out on her. (The funny part is, they all tumbled out on me when I was up at 5:30 that morning with Claire. I hadn't planned on playing a trick on myself). As the kids tried to put their shoes on, they found I had wadded up newspaper in their toes.

As far as Ryan was concerned, the morning was successful as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to steal his towel while he showered. He caught me in the act and scared me out of it. I did put orajel on his tooth brush. He said he did a quick inspection of his toothbrush and didn't notice anything suspicious. Once he started brushing, the toothpaste didn't foam up like normal and soon his mouth started going numb. Hilarious. I also filled the toes of his shoes with cotton balls...just enough to be annoying without going over the top. Before Ryan left to take the girls to school, I filled ziploc bags up with air like balloons and carefully placed them behind the tires of his car. When he pulled out, they popped so loudly that the look on his face was priceless. Once I started laughing hysterically, he knew it was me and gave me a smile. The girls were laughing pretty hard in the car as they pulled away. The morning had been a success.

The girls had a fun surprise at school when they opened their lunch bags to find a lunch fit for a baby including baby bottle, baby food and bib. Halle was embarrassed at first but she said her friends all thought it was pretty funny.

While Ryan was at work, I drove to Tyson and scoured the parking lot for his car. Once I found it, I left a note on his windshield. He called me on his way home and said someone had left a note on his car.
He checked and couldn't find a dent and suspected it was one of his co-workers. I broke the news to him when he got home that it was just another joke played by me.


I also left a special surprise for Ryan to find in our closet. I had made brownies the night before and still had a few left over. I know this is gross but I formed one to look like a surprise from Colonel Jinxie, our annoying cat.
Ryan and I were chatting as he came in the door from work. As we walked in the closet and noticed the poop, he acted a little frustrated. I went in for a "closer look" and then picked up a piece and took a bite. He quickly figured out it wasn't a surprise from the cat but another April Fool's prank from his hilarious wife.

I have to account for Addy's one victory. She knew I had purchased confetti for the days' pranks. When she got home from school, she scoured her room until she found the confetti inside a carefully taped paper cone on her ceiling fan. Somehow she was able to remove it and sprinkle all the confetti into the sheets of me and Ryan's bed. It was a sweet victory for her and I was glad to have at least one good prank played on me besides the one I played on myself on accident.

All in all, it was my best day of pranks ever. Hope it was a good April Fool's day for the rest of you!

5 comments:

Amber King said...

Seriously... you are the "April Fools Master". :)

Patsy's going to have to step up her game if she wants the title back.

Kevin and Jeni said...

You are my April Fools' Idol! I am seriously taking notes for next year :) It sounds like your day was hilarious!!

Josh n' Joni said...

You are the best! One day when my kids are old enough....

Josalyn said...

lol you are the best! Thanks for the awesome laughs. Seriously amazing. How do you come up with this stuff?

Amy said...

You crack me UP! That last brownie picture just about did me in . . . I don't know what I would have done if I saw you take a bite!

So, did the girls eat their baby food for lunch?!