I have never appreciated blue skies like I have today. For the last week and a half, we have had nothing but dark, rainy skies. It rained and hailed and stormed and rained some more. With the pending arrival of Grandpa Hansen for a couple days, I had visions of breakfasts and dinners on the porch with the birds singing and lovely hikes to waterfalls on sunny days. Unfortunately, this is what our forecast looked like instead:
Needless to say, I was a little bummed.
Thankfully, our house stayed dry amidst the constant stormy weather.
Here is a soccer field turned lake not far from our house. (Sorry for the raindrops. The picture was taken from the car as we drove by)
Our neighborhood, Cross Creek, has a small creek bed that is usually dry. This week it was home to a rushing river.
We had several roads closed in places due to flooded roadways. We braved some of the high water to let the kids enjoy the big splashes up the sides of the car. It was a little nerve-wracking but we survived. We are just very grateful to be safe and spared from the worst of the country's violent spring storms.
0 comments:
Post a Comment