Friday, March 4, 2011

Addy's Room

The room is not 100% done, but it's close and I wanted to just post these pictures and have it out of my head. I still have a pillow to make to tie in the room color with the bedding. I have the fabric but haven't made the pillow yet. Things to do, things to do. Addy's favorite color is lime green and she is in love with zebra stripe. I wanted something that would be fun without being too overwhelming or obnoxious. We chose a simple patterned bedspread from Target and added some fun black and zebra stripe pillows and a zebra throw. It's not for everyone but we're happy with how it turned out.

We wanted her room to be fun and be a place to showcase one of her most fabulous gifts: her artistic genius. The chalkboard wall was actually Ryan's idea. When we first finished it, she liked it but was a little annoyed at the mess the chalk created due to the textured surface of the walls. We've since remedied that with the purchase of some amazing chalkboard markers: bright, lovely colors with none of the chalky mess and they still erase with a damp cloth.


Addy asked for a "real" artist's easel and canvases for Christmas this year. The flowered painting was her first creation. It goes perfectly in her room and the art display boards give her more room to showcase her drawings, etc.
Overall, I think it's a fun room. Addy's friends love coming over and writing messages and drawing pictures on her chalkboard wall. I think it's the perfect room for a tween.
P.S. And thanks to Judy for help with the wall color. It was a tough decision but I think it turned out lovely. It's a pretty color without being too loud.

9 comments:

Rileigh said...

I think your house is amazing. Your style is sleek and chic, your children are adorable and you are fantastic. Can I be like you when I grow up? please?

bfav said...

ich bin impressed. Very cool. Nice on the markers. I hate chalk for all those reasons plus the texture of it on my hand.

Amber King said...

I love it! It's so fun and I the zebra accents are my favorite part.

Also, thanks for the tip on the markers. I want to get some now.

amystueve said...

Wow, looks great! Addy is so tallented!

Josalyn said...

What a gorgeous painting! Addy is so talented!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

So fun! Great job!

Sunny said...

It looks so great! Seems perfect for your budding artist.

Jessica said...

LOVE IT!!! YOU ROCK GIRL!

Tara said...

Addy, I love your room! I LOVE zebra stripes too! One time, I drew a picture of what I would want my ideal room to look like and it was pink, lime green, and zebra stripes! I love it!