It's amazing what some light-up shoes will do. Mia is the girliest girl alive I'm pretty sure. She's never loved tennis shoes and that's no surprise. If it's not pink flip-flops or jellies or boots, than why would she need them? Needless to say, I was a little worried about how miserable it would be picking out tennis shoes she could wear every day to kindergarten. Last month we went to purchase new school shoes for all three big girls. Addy and Halle took all of about 2 seconds to find a pair, try them on and decide that's what they wanted. Mia was another story. I showed her probably ten pairs of shoes I thought she would like. She tried on a few and said none of them felt right (mostly because they didn't feel like flip flops I'm guessing). I was starting to get worried. The sales lady brought out a pair that were not my favorite but I was willing to try anything to find a pair of shoes she would wear without a fight every day. This particular pair happened to light up on the sides. Honestly, I have always been a little against light-up or character shoes because, let's be frank, they're usually hideous. My kids have never been lucky enough to wear shoes like that. As soon as Mia saw that the shoes lit up, she was sold. She was running around the store like lightning.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
1 comments:
I am a mean mom like you and proud to say we've never owned a pair of light up or character shoes. But if necessity dictated, I would cave to get my kid to wear shoes to K-garten!
Post a Comment