Monday, February 9, 2009

Popsicles in February?

I never would have guessed that we would have a day warm enough in February to sit on the front porch and eat a popsicle with Mia and, especially, that we would be lucky enough to have it fall on a Saturday. That day came this weekend and boy did we enjoy it. I think it was about 70 degrees with very little wind. We played outside with all the neighbors most of the day. One neighbor set off some rockets for the kids to enjoy. Luke spent all day trying to tell anyone who would listen about the rockets with his very limited vocabulary. It was super entertaining to watch his hand gestures and listen to his sound effects. The kids dusted off their bikes and scooters. At one time we had about 15 kids in the backyard playing freeze tag and playing on the swing set. It reminded me of summer and how lucky we are to have a neighborhood full of great families with lots of young children. It made me look forward to warm weather and gardening in the next few months. Hooray! 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hurray for global warming!

bfav said...

I concur. I can't wait for spring.

Sunny said...

70 degrees! Seriously jealous! It's so cold and super windy here that playing in the snow isn't even fun. (But I shouldn't complain livy has it worse.)