Thought I'd share some highlights from my "special day":
1. At least 12 phone calls from loved ones and friends wishing me a happy day.
2. Thoughtful homemade cards from the kiddos, some including free foot massage coupons-bonus!!
3. Randomly running into and catching Ryan on his lunch break doing some last minute birthday shopping and having him join us for lunch where Luke spit chewed up chicken nuggets across the table at him. He just laughed. He loves his boy.
4. Buying fun fondue food items with the kiddos at the store while enjoying lots of "wow, she has a lot of kids" looks. Fun, fun.
5. Fabulously yummy mexican dinner out with the fam highlighted by a surprise visit by none other than the "birthday fairies" (4 grown women dressed up like fancy fairies who flitted into the restaurant and sang a special birthday song to me while Addy hid under the table of embarrassment). Thank you, ladies. You know who you are. It was awesome. (I will try to post a picture from Ryan's phone later)
6. Chocolate fondue with Ryan and the kiddos consisting of strawberries, bananas, pineapples, mint oreos, pretzels, etc. How can a day end badly that ends like that?
7. The final surprise? Waking up in the middle of the night (after conking out on the couch after Ryan put the kiddos to bed) to find that while I slept, Ryan super cleaned the kitchen to my high standards to show his true love so that I could wake to a spotless kitchen.
Needless to say, my birthday was fabulous and I'm feeling great about being 32. Lots and lots of blessings. Thanks to all who contributed to my terrific day with phone calls, cards, etc. And an extra special thanks to my amazing husband. I love you, R.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
1 comments:
so glad you had a fabulous birthday...luv you girl!
Post a Comment