Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Fools Fun

I was really excited to see that no one had signed up to feed the missionaries on April 1st. So I took the opportunity to have some April Fools fun. I went to the store and found the grossest meat I could, which happened to be beef heart (I think next year we'll have to do liver or tripe). Then I threw it in the crock pot in the garage (so I wouldn't have to smell it) . When the Elders arrived with Ryan we told them we were having one of his favorite meals from his mission. Their faces were priceless when we told them what it was. So they sat down and dished some up and we were mean enough to even let them try it. One of the Elders actually said it was pretty good. We quickly told them we were just kidding and that our real dinner was in the oven. I think they were relieved. We also served them red colored water as juice and topped off the dinner with cupcakes with cotton balls in the middle. All in all, they were really good sports and we had fun. Next year I'll have to play some good jokes on Ryan and the kids.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Too fun! I also LOVE April fools day! Good for you to get the Missionaries so good!

sara said...

NASTY!!!! Sounds like you had a fun April fools day. Remind me never to happen to visit you guys on April 1.

Kevin and Emily said...

You guys are awesome! I might have to steal this idea for next year. That is so funny! Hope you are all doing well! (=

Michelle Johnston said...

Thats awesome! I love April fools day. I've never thought of cotton ball cupcakes.....thats a great one:) I hope its ok that I found your blog:) Its fun to see all of the pictures and get to know you a little better! See you soon.

Erin said...

I love love love the fact that you even had them try it! That is way funny. Good job, Pats would be proud.

Karolyn said...

Christy! That is awful! You're lucky you weren't struck by lightning! haha-but I love the ideas; you've inspired me to take April Fools a little more seriously ;)
-Karolyn