Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Ryan and I were desperately in need of a kid-free getaway. We couldn't swing a week-long cruise this fall but even three days in the less-than-exotic Dallas, Texas really fit the bill. We had such a great time together. Some highlights included (in no particular order):

Kid-free Ikea shopping
Kid-free clothes shopping
People watching and laughing
An amazing fondue dinner at the Melting Pot
Sleeping in (funny that around 7 or 8am is considered sleeping in these days but I couldn't sleep any longer)
A visit to the Dallas temple without stressing about being late or hurrying back to babysitters
6 hour car ride each way with adult conversation or beautiful silence
Lunch at In n Out without children
Yummy cinnastack pancakes at IHOP without children

Are you seeing a theme here? (Hint: no children). Don't get me wrong...I LOVE our children. I couldn't imagine my life without them. They do bring me so much happiness and I love being their mother. But it is very nice to have a little break from them now and then and enjoy some relaxing time with Ryan. It's fun to laugh together, enjoy each other's company and have a nice conversation without being interrupted. We need to do it again soon.

Sadly the only pictures I got of the entire weekend were these...
Fun Christmas trees made from music sheets at Anthropologie I might have to copy.

I always love taking pictures of cars I think are super ugly and texting them to Addy and saying I think that's what we're going to get for her drive when she turns sixteen. Proof I didn't completely forget about the children while we were gone. I still enjoy annoying them from a distance. :)

Beautiful view out the window as we drove south. The colors looked prettier to me than this picture depicts.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Sounds so nice! Wish we could have seen you with the rest of the Wilson clan...hopefully this summer!

p.s. And I still can't believe you got a dog. Brave. But he is the cutest little scruffy dog.

Hayley said...

i need this!