Sunday evening right after we arrived in North Carolina at our gracious hosts' house (thank you Andrew and Julie) we piled back in the car and headed out for a Sunday evening walk on the beach. I love that Julie and Andrew live just a short ten minute drive from the ocean. I can't tell you enough how much we love the beach. Walking on it, splashing in the surf, digging in the sand, catching little fish, holding napping babes while watching dads and kids play, etc. I could go on and on. It's pure bliss. Here are a few of my favorite beach pics from last week.
And I wonder why my kids always make funny faces in pictures...
Our Sunday evening "walk" on the beach got a little wetter than planned, as you can see by some of the kids' wet clothing.
Claire stole Addy's sunglasses while she was out jumping the waves. She thought she was pretty cool. I learned this trip that Claire doesn't mind eating food covered in sand. On several occasions she dropped a Pringle or a grape and then picked it up and popped it in her mouth, sand and all, before I could stop her.
My favorite ultra-blond little boy. He loved playing in the shallow water, digging in the sand and catching little fish with a net.
Our cute, crazy Halle with her jack-o-lantern smile. She loved splashing in the waves, going on long walks (only halfway to the pier) with her dad and catching little fish.
My darling Addy with her feet in the sand. She keeps telling us she's going to live on the beach someday and I'm starting to believe her. She also plans on driving a blue jeep and having a pet tiger. I'm not holding my breath.
Miss Mia and her cousin, Emma digging in the sand a little on Sunday evening.
I really wanted to re-create this picture but a certain almost two-year-old had other plans. I won't name any names.
I did end up with this one a couple of days later, which made me happy.
I'm so happy that all my kids, and especially my husband, love the beach equally. They all were so excited each day to gear up, slather on the sunscreen and spend hours making terrific memories. At one point, Mia and I were out jumping waves together and she looked over at me and smiled and said "Mom, I'm taking a picture in my heart". That's what it's all about folks.
3 comments:
I've never even met Mia but I think she's darling. All your kiddos are.
Adorable. I could live on the beach someday, too. Maybe Addy and I will be neighbors. :)
Great Pictures! What a fun vacation...I'm envious.
I loved Mia's sweet little comment.
Post a Comment