Friday, November 19, 2010

Blogging hiatus (and more randomness)


I don't really have an excuse why I haven't blogged lately. I've wanted to but I just can't bring myself to do it. Some people think I must be SOOO busy getting ready to move in less than a week. Not really. The movers pretty much do everything and I just plan on sitting around pointing my finger here and there while sipping hot cocoa. I have actually been making a million phone calls setting up utilities, etc. and filling out a mountain of paperwork in order to enroll our three children in school when we get to Arkansas. But really, that's it. I keep thinking there should be more for me to do but I can't think of anything. I'm just living in limbo land and counting down the days until our move.

Today the kids had their Thanksgiving lunch at school. It was delicious. Just kidding. My expectations were pretty low so I was happily surprised. It wasn't as bad as I expected. The dessert was actually really good. And it was all worth it just to see this...
Two cute bffs in their pilgrim hats

Woo-hoo that my single parenting ends as of tonight at about 11pm when the hubby arrives from Arkansas. Can't wait for that. I've been missing him a lot. It's not as fun to laugh at silly things the kids do or say without him. It's not the same telling the story over the phone. And his snoring helps me sleep. I never thought I'd say that. The kids have gotten into some bad habits of climbing into bed with me in the middle of the night. They kick a lot and sometimes they fall out of the bed (when it gets full of siblings and there's no room left). I love my kids but I prefer Ryan's snoring to their kicking and stinky mouth-breathing and rolling over on me and stealing my pillow.

Luke's been taking a nap pretty consistently lately (probably because he's tired from getting out of his bed every night and climbing into mine). I'm not going to lie. It's been really nice. He just sits in the chair for a minute, sucks on his fingers and like magic, he's out. I think he must be going through a growth spurt or something. He's not going to be a little person forever. He's such a good boy, though. Even with his new favorite past time (constantly making gas noises). He thinks it's hilarious and he told me "Dad likes it, too". And he's right. Ryan thinks its hilarious, too.

When we were in Arkansas 2 weeks ago we took the kids to this little town in the mountains with quaint little shops (with nothing that would interest kids, little did we know). We had no idea it was their fall festival or something and at one point a random little parade started. When I say random and when I say little, I mean both of those very literally. Ryan took a quick video with his phone. It made us laugh pretty hard. And the kids loved the candy. Arkansas, here we come!

4 comments:

Kath said...

That was so funny. Dan and I were cracking up. A good old fashion hillbilly parade. I love it.

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! I think your entire family needs overalls for Christmas...you know...to help you "fit in" in your new area! Love it.

Josalyn said...

That is the coolest thing I have every seen. You guys will have to keep the tacky party alive down there, I'm sure you'll get some great outfits. Have fun! I know that you will.

bfav said...

madness. we miss you guys. tell us about Arkansa already.