Sunday, November 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

(Halloween Nerd Addy)

I think I need a new pillow. My neck has been killing me. So sore all the time. Road trips make it worse. And I'll be the first to admit I don't have a very high pain tolerance. Painful neck=cranky, non-functioning Christy. I could barely turn my head on Saturday.

Is it National Roadkill Month or something? The amount of dead animals I've seen on the road the last few weeks is alarming. And disgusting. I've seen one too many squished possums for my taste. And Ryan added to the numbers on Saturday (he ran over a cat as we drove through the Ozarks).

I'm so excited we only have a few short weeks left until we move. I've loved our time here in Kansas and I will dearly miss all our friends here but I can't wait to be out of limbo. It will be nice to not be a single parent anymore. The weekends just aren't cutting it. I'm pretty worn down.

We walked through our new house on Saturday and met the current owners. They seem really nice. They have three kids (ages 8, 6 and 2) and are going on a mission for their church to Kenya for 3 years with those 3 kids. I'd say they're pretty nice. Or crazy. I'm going to go with nice.

The grocery store really shouldn't sell 10 mini candy bars for a $1. It's hazardous to your health.

I love 70 degree weather in November. It makes me so happy to wear a t-shirt and jeans. But it's not very good when you have a houseful of dishes and laundry to do. All I want to do is sit outside and let the kids play. Fabulous.

I really like our pet bunny. He is a dwarf lionhead or something like that so he's super fluffy and has short little ears. I love watching him run around and do a 360 jump in the air. It makes me laugh. I love that he makes no noise. He's a good pet as long as you don't mind an animal so dumb it poops in it's own food bowl until there's more poo than food.

I think that's about all for now.



3 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

You crack me up. That is all.

bfav said...

Those are great thoughts. Enjoy that weather. We just got snow.

Josh n' Joni said...

Best post ever.