Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm back...


(Old house with boxes stacked almost to the ceiling)

It's been so long since I've blogged I don't really know where to begin...the move, the house, the kiddos, Christmas? I've felt a little overwhelmed by the thought of it all. Patsy (Ryan's mom) came out the day we moved in and helped us get a lot unpacked, settled and even decorated for Christmas. She helped us so much but there was still so much to do: trying to stay on top of everything with a new school and new teachers and Christmas parties. Registering our cars. Digging through boxes in the garage for lost items. Painting kids' rooms. Christmas shopping (we didn't do any until after we moved in). Christmas cards (still haven't gotten those out). Etc. Etc. Etc. I don't recommend moving anytime near Christmas. I will try to avoid it at all costs in the future.

But at least we are all together as a family again. Our house feels like home and we love it. Ryan is really happy with his new job. We are really enjoying Arkansas. It's a beautiful place with a lot of friendly people who have reached out to us and made us feel welcome. We are happy and know this is where we are supposed to be.
(One of our first empty boxes full of kiddos)

P.S. I've gotten a lot of requests for pictures of the new place. I've had a hard time because a.) I don't want to take a picture of any room unless it's clean and looking lovely and b.) once again our camera is on the fritz so I have to use my phone camera and I struggle to get great pictures with the lighting, etc. I plan on posting house pics soon, though. Stay tuned.
(A very common sighting in Arkansas- a chicken truck full of chickens heading to their demise)

3 comments:

Kevin and Jeni said...

Yay you're back! I like your Oh-so-greats :) and I love the green wall behind Mia and Luke! Can't wait to the rest of the pics. I'm so glad that everyone is so happy, even when life's a little crazy!

Anonymous said...

Soo happy for an update. Not to worry about photos, just want you to know you're loved. Arkansas sounds just lovely and I'm so glad it already feels like home! Wishing you all a wonderful New Year, xoxo, trina

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear all is well with your sweet little family! We sure miss you all in Kansas!!! Jordan keeps asking if Luke can come over and play. :)

-Tiff