Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

Yesterday I was SO bummed that the kids had to go to school. I had visions in my head of a snow-playing, cookie-making, pj-wearing, movie-watching kind of day. So when the kids' school was closed today I was VERY excited. We started the day with homemade cinnamon rolls and then headed outside.

Halle was loving the snow so much she stuck her face right in it on purpose. You can see Mia riding their snow caterpillar in the background. They found the snowballs were too heavy to lift to make a snowman so they settled on a snow caterpillar instead.

We're making lots of batches of air-popped popcorn today. It's one of Luke's favorite things. We're going to make white chocolate covered popcorn, drizzled with milk chocolate for our neighbors and friends.

Yum-yum-yumminess.


I even insisted on bundling up Claire so I could get a shot of the whole brood in their cold-weather gear. She was a willing but not super happy participant. Don't they look so snuggle-able and ready for hot cocoa and cookies?

11 comments:

Kath said...

I expect a batch of popcorn to be delivered anytime. It will help with my stress eating habit.

The Dragonfly said...

The popcorn and kiddoes are both delicious looking. How fun for you guys. We're jealous.

amystueve said...

What a fun snow-day together! The popcorn treats look super yummy! Looks like everyone had a great day.
;-)

Julie said...

Yahoo! I'm no.1 on this week's great list!!! love this post and your kiddos...too cute!

Josh n' Joni said...

You were crazy to brave the cold...it was nasty. I sure love teaching school in Kansas though - 2 free days!

Anonymous said...

You're a super cute mommy. What a fun day for your kids!

Josalyn said...

How fun! You are such a fun mom Christy! One day I am going to be like you.

Sunny said...

I love your chocolate popcorn! And I loved the picture of the kids. Claire's face was great!

Amber King said...

I love that they made a caterpillar and Mia was taking a ride on it. And yes, your chocolate popcorn really is the best.

Melanie said...

You are such an amazing mom--why do we not live next door to each other!?! : ) I will need the recipe for your popcorn though . . . looks fabulous!!! Loves!

Jeff&Rachel said...

Ever since seeing this post I have been wanting an air popper. Merry Christmas to me?