Sunday, December 6, 2009

My latest obsession

No, it's not Claire. I've been obsessed with her since she was born. It's sewing. I can't stop myself when I get an idea in my head. I whip out my sewing machine and get to work. I've been busy creating fun Christmas gifts for family that I'm dying to share but it will have to wait so the surprise is not ruined. No peeky, peeky, Amber! I'll post pictures of those after Christmas. Last week, as the weather turned colder, I realized Claire needed a warmer hat to keep the cold off her head and little ears. We have a hat that's too big for her that I really liked the design of. I turned it inside out and realized it would be a cinch to copy with some fleece I already had on hand. About a half hour later: wah-lah! This funny little hat was done. I like it because it keeps her little ears warm as well as her head. I think I may have to add some fun little eyes on the front and turn it into a little monster. We'll see.
P.S. Ryan wishes I would spend some time hemming his pile of pants that I've been neglecting. It's just not as fun. What can I say?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I didn't know you could sew. That is a super cute hat! I love the idea for the "monster hat". You should definitely do it. She is such a little cutie patootie!

The Dragonfly said...

I paid good money for a hat for Ollie almost exactly like that at Children's Place! You have some mad sewing skilz Christy! And that Claire Bear is just too cute for words! I heart her.

Amy said...

I think I ought to get addicted to sewing instead of reading blogs and watching 30 Rock.

So cute! Gracie used to have a hat similar to that that I loved.

Karolyn said...

Love it! I can't wait to see your other ideas!

Josalyn said...

Cute! I have just started sewing too, I never realized that you can get creative with stuff and you don't need a pattern! It's so much fun this way!

amystueve said...

Her hat is adorable! Job well done! ;-) I feel mentally challenged when I try any kind of sewing project...so I pretty much steer clear 'em.

Sunny said...

Your sewing skills are amazing...right up their with Grandma Patsy.

Amber King said...

He he, I wish I could peek. I'm so excited to the fun presents.