I figured I should probably interrupt my blogging hiatus to commemorate the fifth birthday of my favorite son. It's hard to believe he'll be going to all-day kindergarten in the fall. He's ready but I am not. I'm going to miss my little guy. We brought some yummy ice cream treats to share with his preschool class and he enjoyed making a messy ice cream face with his friends.

The next day we had his big Lego birthday party with 6 friends. I was proud of myself for not spending a lot of time on things the kids wouldn't care about. It's so hard to not want to make everything Lego themed and spend a ridiculous amount of time on things the kids wouldn't appreciate. We played some fun Lego games building towers in teams, etc.

We had simple cupcakes with Lego mini figs on top made very easily with a borrowed mini-fig ice mold and some red vanilla flavored almond bark.

And Luke's biggest request for his party was a pinata. The week before we worked together and turned an old shoe box into a fun lego pinata. All the kids gave it several hits and then we let Ryan finish it off and bust out all the candy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
0 comments:
Post a Comment