Thursday, December 1, 2011

Magic of the tree

We got our Christmas tree on Monday night. Sadly, there are no Christmas tree farms anywhere close by here in Arkansas. I was a little bummed. Lowes' Garden Center isn't nearly as magical. Still, we all went together and looked over the already cut trees. It's hard to see how pretty a tree can be when it's smashed up against a cinder block wall with a million others. After finally choosing one we thought would work, I peeked through the doors and saw the pre-lit trees beckoning to me from just inside. Tall, beautiful and NO STRINGING LIGHTS on a 12 ft tree. I was sold in a heartbeat. It didn't take much negotiating to convince Ryan that it was the better option. We had to do a little finagling to get it to fit in the car along with our 5 children but we made it work for a quick ride home. It did take longer than the 5 minute set up time promised in the directions. Ryan took a little time lapse video on his phone that hopefully we can post in the near future. It was magical.

The little kids, especially, were so excited to decorate the tree. Claire put as many ornaments as her little hands could handle onto the tree, right at her eye level. It was adorable. I won't soon forget that little clump full of ornaments. It's since been a little disheveled by the constant admiring of the tree. And Luke couldn't wait for the star to be added. He'd been asking me about it for the past few days and couldn't wait to see it. We made sure it was added before the night was over and he was ushered off to bed.




Every time I walk through the living room, I feel the magic. It makes me so excited for this beautiful month of December and all it has to offer. Giving, serving, making memories, time with family. I can't get enough of it. I'm so excited.

0 comments: