To say that I've been in a blogging funk would be an understatement. I couldn't figure out why I just didn't want to do it. Still haven't figured that one out but I asked myself why I started keeping this blog in the first place. The two reasons I came up with were to bridge the gap in the long distance we live from any of our family so they could see what we were doing and how the kids were growing and also to have a journal or record of it for our own sake. I want our kids to be able to look at it and remember the fun and crazy times we had. I'm not going to try and REALLY catch up and blog about everything I missed but I thought I'd give a super quick recap of some of the things we've done since the blog has been neglected. Here goes (in no particular order)...
We had fun with friends (Preston, Claire, Luke)
My baby brother and his darling wife had a baby and gave her the most perfect name: Alice Claire. Isn't she adorable?
We observed, fed and got chills from watching a spider in our backyard
We learned some fabulous new hair ideas via Pinterest
We did a lot of dishes (five kids home all day, every day make for a LOT of dishes)
We went swimming almost every day (Halle and her friend Elli) at our neighborhood pool
We visited our good friends in Topeka (Ella and Mia)
Halle grew a huge cabbage (It started out in a tiny cup from school)
Mia and Claire got bunk beds and we said goodbye to the crib
Mia learned to swim
That's not everything but I think you get the idea. We're staying busy lately with 3 kids in school, one in preschool, visits from grandparents, soccer, ballet, church callings, etc. but I'll try to be better about keeping up. We'll see...
1 comments:
Thanks Christy! Glad your back to blogging. :)
Post a Comment