My baby is two years old today. I have to admit it's kind of bittersweet. I am so happy to be done with diapers and happy to have all my children able to communicate in words. At the same time, it's a little sad to see her growing up so quickly and saying goodbye to the sweet baby stages as well.
(Claire painted with Mia and Luke yesterday and ended up abandoning the paper and just painting herself. I thought it was hilarious. I just threw her in the sink to play while I cleaned up the kitchen)
Here are some fun facts about our little Claire:
*She is INDEPENDENT. Her favorite phrase is "I do it!!" and she gets very upset if you try to help her get dressed, buckle her in her car seat, close a door or anything else she is sure she can do by herself.
*She loves to swim. She refuses to be held in the pool and will kick around all over the place wearing just simple arm floaties saying "I swimming! I swimming!" Needless to say, we have to keep a VERY close eye on her at the pool. And I'm pretty sure she'll be our youngest swimmer. *She is fearless. She will climb up and jump off anything. The couch upstairs and the chair downstairs are her favorites. If she gets hurt, she makes a face and then gets right up and does it again. She's one tough cookie.
*She loves to talk and will talk up a storm to anyone that will listen. She talks really well for her age and can tell a pretty good story.
*She is out of diapers and in the potty club and we are very happy about it.
*She loves our cat more than anyone and will squeeze, jump on and tackle her at a moment's notice. Even if the cat has to bite her to escape, Claire will be back on her in a flash. Once again, no fear and nothing stops her.
*She loves reading books and will bring us book after book after book to read to her. She loves filling in the words in her favorite ones.
*Her favorite foods are guacamole, cheese, chocolate milk, any kind of fruit, and condiments. She still refuses to eat sandwich bread in any form.
*She loves changing clothes and does it ALL day long. She especially loves finding a pair of Luke's shorts and pulling them on.
*She's still a daddy's girl and cries for daddy when mean mom puts her to bed.
We love her to pieces and glad she is part of our crazy bunch. Happy birthday Claire bear!
0 comments:
Post a Comment