Sorry for the marathon post. I have been dreading uploading all the pictures and writing about our trip to Outer Banks, NC. This was in the rental car on the way from the airport to the beach. I asked who was ready to go to the beach..I think they all were. We had a little car dance party.

This was a crazy large spider camped outside the beach house. We watched it all week and Ryan even fed it some insects. It was pretty fascinating- a little Discovery Channel moment.

Like father, like son on the deck to the beach. All the kids really enjoyed some good time with Ryan that they don't always get at home due to his busy schedule.

The first few days were super windy but we still enjoyed the sand and watching the crazy waves.
Ryan enjoyed throwing around the football with the brothers-in-law.

Luke found a big stick and tried to poke everyone with it. Luckily, there were no injuries.

Luke and Grandpa Hansen

Scott and Stin and their beautiful family, minus Anders. We were fortunate to be there together as they blessed little Lola.

This picture is from the bottom looking up at all the stairs we were about to climb in the Currituck lighthouse.

Cousins Luci and Halle sporting their braided/wavy hair courtesy of Addy and Mackenzie's mad hair-braiding skills.

Currituck Lighthouse and the girls.

Luke looks like he's about ready to be frisked. Ryan took this picture while he was waiting for us to climb the lighthouse.

Here's Mia and her new favorite cousin, Mackenzie aka "the professor". When the tide was too high to build sandcastles, they just built them on the deck! We sure love Mackenzie!

Cousins at the beach at sunrise (Luci, Halle, Addy)

Here are some sand crabs Halle and Luci caught with Uncle Scotty's help.

Addy learned to boogie board this trip, despite the portuguese man-o-wars in the water. Luckily, no one was stung.

Halle spent most of her time digging/burying people in the sand.
She also requested some one bury her as well.

Despite the miserable weather we had the first part of the trip, we had an awesome time. I had forgotten how much I love the beach (and spending time with my family). We miss all our Hansen cousins already. We'll have to do it again!
5 comments:
It looks like so much fun! I love going on vacation with family.
Luke and his stick . . . what is it with boys and sticks! I look like I'm stockpiling firewood at the side of my house because of the sticks Ethan and Max bring back every day from our walks!
What a fun trip! Vacations are the best! I love your post about your "fun" weekend! Especially the pics of Luke covered in Vicks! very cute!
What a wonderful family reunion! Your kids are so cute.
very cute pics
LOVE the pics! Isn't it fun to get away every once in a while! I'm so glad you all got time with DADDY! The beach pics were beautiful, and that spider would have given me nightmares!! AGH! Whoever put their hand that close was so gutsy!! I'm a wimp--I stay clear of all creepy crawlers :-).
Post a Comment